Print or Digital. Free.
The Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. Foundation’s Understanding a Down Syndrome Diagnosis is an accurate, balanced, and up-to-date booklet for use when delivering a diagnosis of Down syndrome and is part of the National Center for Prenatal and Postnatal Resources at the University of Kentucky’s Human Development Institute (HDI). The booklet is the only prenatal resource to have been reviewed by representatives of the national medical and Down syndrome organizations and is available in both print and digital formats. You can request a printed copy through your medical provider or download an ePub for your smartphone, tablet, or desktop.
Understanding a Down Syndrome Diagnosis covers the following:
- Available health and education services;
- Common medical conditions for babies with Down syndrome;
- Information about pregnancy options;
- Helpful resources about the condition;
- Spanish translation included in all booklets;
- Optimization for different reading levels.
Learn more about Down Syndrome Information Act state laws.