Print or Digital. Free.
The Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. Foundation’s Understanding a Down Syndrome Diagnosis is accurate, balanced, and up-to-date information for use when delivering a diagnosis of Down syndrome and is part of the National Center for Prenatal and Postnatal Resources at the University of Kentucky’s Human Development Institute (HDI).
The booklet is the only prenatal resource to have been reviewed by representatives of the national medical and Down syndrome organizations and is available in both print and digital formats in multiple languages. Expectant parents and medical providers can request a free printed copy, and anyone can view the booklet on their smartphone, tablet, or desktop. Multiple copies can also be ordered from our bookstore.
Understanding a Down Syndrome Diagnosis covers the following:
- Available health and education services;
- Common medical conditions for babies with Down syndrome;
- Information about pregnancy options;
- Helpful resources about the condition;
- Spanish translation included in all booklets;
- Optimization for different reading levels.
Learn more about Down Syndrome Information Act state laws.