Print or Digital Resources about Genetic Conditions
We offer a library of resources that provide accurate, balanced, and up-to-date information for new and expectant parent learning about a diagnosis of Down syndrome and other genetic conditions. Our materials are part of the National Center for Prenatal and Postnatal Resources at the University of Kentucky’s Human Development Institute (HDI) and supported by the Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. Foundation.
These resources are unique for being reviewed by representatives of the national medical and patient advocacy organizations, and the materials are available in both print and digital formats in multiple languages. Expectant parents and medical providers can request a free printed copy, and anyone can view the digital versions. Multiple copies can also be ordered from our bookstore.
Our materials cover the following:
- Available health and education services;
- Common medical conditions for babies with Down syndrome;
- Information about pregnancy options;
- Helpful resources about the condition;
- Spanish translation included in all booklets;
- Optimization for different reading levels.
Learn more about Down Syndrome Information Act state laws.